Saturday, September 7

สยาม









#firsttimeinbangkok #musteatcoconuticecream


These and three handphone covers, underwear and a pair of shorts = damage done from a visit to a random night market that we chanced upon while we were finding our way back to our hotel. Lol. Lost also can shop. #win




Look at the snaking line of stalls and the crowd

>$5 sandals



The entrance we went in from that was apparently not even the main entrance. 
Like... How big is this place?! Oh how naive I was. 


Yup, you've got that right. Everything for less that SGD$5. Everything.



You must to eat this when you go to Jatujak. Must. And drink lots and lots of coconut juice.

Here's the store banner to help you find the shop



Only the most appropriate snack, ever.

Happy with my inappropriate snack

This shop was my favourite. The owner handpaints all of these! They look like they are made of porcelain but actually made from metal and painted on with an enamel paint of some sort. So they're super hardy! You don't have to worry about breaking them at all. I saw a seller on Etsy that made jewelry that looked similar but were made of porcelain and were about SGD$70 a pop. I could never quite bring myself to pay $70 for something so fragile so imagine my delight when I came across this awesome little stall in Jatujak! :D

 No prizes for guessing which ring I bought! ^^v


I wanted to buy everything. As usual.



Giving our sore and tired feet a break

Look at how the cars are parked. Yup. That is one epic hayhem.

Tuk-tuk back to our hotel and... It was okay. I thought Vietnam's traffic was more ridiculous. Haha. I guess Vietnam has trained me well. 

Damage done in Jatujak

I know this looks super unimpressive but.. street food is the best kind of dinner in Bangkok. Seriously. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY. 

Bangkok was inexplicably awesome and this is not just the shopaholic in me raving. I am so glad that my friends and I did other things apart from simply shopping. We were only there for four days and it was so easy for us to just give up and stick to Pratunam (where we lived and where most of the shopping/ food/ touristy things were located) but I am so glad that we ventured out. Only pity was that my camera died upon reaching Wat Saket (The Golden Mount). :(

I cannot wait to plan another trip there and do a little more sightseeing! I was super lucky to have gone with the best two tour guides Nik and Abby so I didn't have to worry much about navigation and transportation nyeheheh.

Anyway, here's a little guide as to what we did and where we went in Bangkok:

1) Soi 38 Food Stalls
The food here is awesome. I would go as far as to say that everything is good because everything we ordered was indeed awesome. I can vouch for the seafood meals but Abby and Nik both agreed that everything else they ordered (chicken green curry, Thai wanton mee and chicken satay) were lip-smackingly good too. Oh and if you do go there, take note that it is okay for you to sit anywhere. It took us a little while to figure that out. I reckon we probably looked like lost little puppies when we first turned up. So if you do go there, there isn't a need to feel shy. Just take a sit and order up a storm!

P.S, that mango sticky rice store that I posted above makes the best mango sticky rice, ever.

2) Chatuchak Weekend Market (or Jatujak, as the Thais spell it)
Duh. No, seriously. There is no way that you go to Bangkok during the weekend and not check the market out. It was absolutely heaven. To be honest, I was not expecting much. I always had this little nagging doubt in my head whenever anyone told me that I would go mad there. The pessimistic skeptic pours cold water on anything that sounds too good to be true so I really wasn't expecting much. But hot damn, Jatujak is... okay I shall just stop right here because you've probably heard it all before.

Okay I'mma stop right here because I think that there already is an image overload and it is only the second day of our four-day trip. I'll post more about days three and four another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment