Sunday, February 17

A Real Gem!






1. Source unknown
2. Gorgeous ombre drop jewels from Jewel Mint
3. ASOS did something really good with these Swaroski spike earrings
4. Kate Spade's kaleidoscope floral drop earrings are on sale!

I've been pinning gorgeous jeweled gems on Pinterest for the longest time but they've always either been way too out of my budget or sold out. So imagine my excitement when I came across this awesome DIY tutorial on Elizabeth Bank's blog! It is so ridiculously easy that I cannot believe that I did not think of it earlier.

I was on the prowl for pretty drop earrings for the DIY after that and I finally found them! They were from Forever 21 at a mere $11! I wore them as they were for awhile until I got bored with them and decided to spruce them up!





All you need is:
1. Clear/ rhinestone jewelry
2. Nail polishes and coloured permanent markers. I used three different nail polishes to achieve this look. China Glaze's Flyin' High and It's a Trap-eeze and a fuchsia tone from Sasa. According to Peaches, nail polishes give a more opaque look whereas permanent markers are supposed to look more translucent.
3. Acetone-based nail polish and a cotton swab to help you clean up your mistakes.

Now do you see what I mean when I told you that it was ridiculously easy? Now everyone can jazz up their plain 'ol rhinestone jewelry with nail polishes and permanent markers. Go forth and have fun with it!

TTFN~

No comments:

Post a Comment