Monday, February 25

Birthday brunch at Symmetry













These were taken at Nik's AKA Rattycakes' birthday brunch at Symmetry and I haven't stopped raving about them since. This unassuming restaurant is located at the far edge of Arab street eateries, more specifically, 9 Jalan Kubor. The decor is down-to-earth and unpretentious and the service was really warm. And you know what they always say; people visit restaurants for the food but return for the service. 

Food-wise, it was fantastic. Yeah, I know that everyone's getting a tad sick of the brunch fad and honestly, how can you go wrong with eggs and bread right? Wrong. I have unfortunately had my fair share of terrible brunches (case in point, Hatched). I definitely do not consider myself a brunch connoisseur but trust me, the brunch at Symmetry is good. I ordered the "Croissant" which came with smoked norwegian salon, scrambled eggs, rocket salad and baked tomatoes. Nik ordered the "Duck Egg" which came with a crispy sunny-side duck eggs on top of spicy chorizo, pearl barley, watercress and bread. Your mouth watering yet? Then you have to wash it all down with their awesome, awesome coffee. It's tough to find a place that serves great food and coffee but I must say that Symmetry has managed to do that pretty well.

However, you should note that they only serve brunch during the weekend and it ends at 7pm. They serve their regular restaurant food menu from Tuesday-Friday (closed on Monday). Symmetry is a cafe by day and bar by night so I intend to check out their dinner and drinks menu sometime soon. Also, it was pretty packed when Nik and I visited them on a Saturday so you should probably make a reservation if you intend to get a table for three or more. 

You can check out the rest of their menu here!

Once again, happy birthday Rattycakes. I'm really glad that you are once again, older than me. 

2 comments:

  1. WHY AM I RATTYCAKES NOW?
    Your photos prove to me that I need to do something about my hair NOW.
    anyways, thanks for helping make my birthday spectacular! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA COS RATTYCAKES IS CUTE. GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOURSELF RATTYCAKES. LOLOLOL <3

    ReplyDelete