Thursday, May 9

Lifestyle adjustments and meditation

(Image source: A Cup of Jo)

I have been actively trying to adjust and better my lifestyle and exercise regime for the past couple of months and I am actually rather surprised that it has even lasted so long. My terrible attention span and nonexistent self discipline would usually get the better of me and I would be right back where I started after a week or two. So when I saw the new weekly challenge up on A Cup of Jo, I knew I had to jump on board. I used to meditate weekly when I was still doing yoga with True Yoga but I stopped several years back and kinda lost my momentum with the whole shebang.

So here's another challenge for myself! I reckon meditation doesn't always work for everyone but I remember feeling really great when I was consistently doing it 3-4 times a week. It had helped me to focus my mind better and harness more positivity!

Anyone interested to try this challenge out should check out this article. It may not be the most accurate article (I mean, it's written by Shape... They're not exactly an expert on the topic) but I reckon it covers pretty much the basics.

Also, I was rather reluctant to to tell people about the last challenge I had set myself (mainly due to the fear of failure) but it's been going quite well so... hey (!) I've been effectively pescetarian for four months now! I've always told myself that I would love to eventually turn vegetarian one day but one day always seemed so far away. So one fine sunny day in January, I decided to at least start somewhere by cutting out mammals first, and somehow (!!!) I had managed to stick it out (with a couple of mishaps and unfortunate cravings in the first couple of months)!

So here's to setting out to commit to the goals you have planned for yourself. Have an awesome day errrrrrybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment