My favourite buy was of course this leather Mulberry satchel I snagged for a mere $30. I don't even think that the lady running the shop knew what Mulberry was so... What a steal! There are several stained blotches but for $30, I am not complaining!
I also snagged two books, Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain (of which I found a return air ticket from Ho Chi Minh paper-pinned to page 42; thanks for donating the book Sharon!) and We Did Nothing (a non-fiction account about the war in Somalia, Rwanda and Haiti) by Linda Polman. Both for $1 apiece!
It was so much fun hunting for these little gems. I spent a grand total of $42 that day on a bag, two books and a pair of black patent loafers from City Plaza. I'm a little picky about my clothes so I didn't get to buy any wearables but Afiqah got a dress and Shairah, an adorable mustard skirt!! You can read more about the thrift shops we visited and the adventures we had here! Shairah did a really thorough post of the thrift shops we've been to and what you can find there. ^^ Can't wait to go back after Fiqqy finishes her exams!





No comments:
Post a Comment