Monday, July 25

Because children are made readers by their parents

So much for my goal of sleeping early tonight. My goal was set to crash and burn when I made myself a mug of coffee at 10pm. The craving for coffee was too overwhelming. And it also did not help that I received a whatsapp from Rebekah for my email address. She was going to send me a discount coupon (!!!) for the BookDepository.com so one thing led to another and now I have an account with GoodReads.com and a growing list of books that I want to read.









The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
The Rock and the River by Kekla Magoon
Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Franny & Zooey by J. D. Salinger
Looking for Alaska by John Green
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Fight Club by Chuck Palaniuk

I also want to read every other book Neil Gaiman wrote until I find a book by him that I am not in love with. I realise that I do that with a lot of the authors I like. I find a book by them that I like and I read all their other books until I find one that puts a full stop to my love for them.

I have not calculated the damage in my BookDepository.com cart yet and I don't think I'll be doing that until I get my pay next week. Does anyone have any of these books and would not mind lending them to me? It would greatly help my pockets! I'm trying not to buy books until I have read them and consider them good enough for a subsequent second of third reread.

P.S, I'll share my GoodReads account once I have written my first review. :)

9 comments:

  1. HI ALE! I have the first two books i can lend chu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got:
    1. Lolita,
    2. Anansi Boys
    3. The Unbearable Lightness of Being

    On the neil Gaiman topic, I've also got graveyard boy, Neverwhere and one of his short story compilations (or two), but I'm not sure where they are already. Yes, I devour books once I start buying them. LMK if u wanna borrow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY thanks guys!

    Shairah: CAN I BORROW THEM PLZ? If you wanna borrow any book from me, just ask k!

    Nik: CAN I BORROW YOUR NEIL GAIMANS AND FIGHT CLUB PLZ??? I have Neverwhere alr though thanks!

    I THINK I'M IN LITERARY HEAVEN RIGHT NOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neil Gaiman:-) Have you read the sandman series?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ansen: No! I didn't know about it until you mentioned it. I just googled it , sounds amazing. I didn't know he did comics for D.C Comics! Mindblown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The illustrations and words from his series are really amazing. Do you intend to get/borrow them?

    Anyway, I really like the concept behind your tumblr. haha How did you come up with it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to borrow them if I know anyone who has them! Is that your favourite work from him?

    Which tumblr are you talking about btw? Haha I have two. I assume that you are talking about "I am more afraid of"? I found a picture on flickr that said "I am more afraid of growing up than anything else and I could really relate to that so... The concept of fears materialised. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the entire collection! It consists of 10 volumes btw. Wouldnt mind lending you if you promise to return them. Yup! I like fragile things too. Oh yes, I was talking about the "i am more afraid of" tumblr. Interesting. Have you seen kult's issue on fear?

    Anyway, do you wanna talk through email instead? Don't want to flood your comment box.

    andcern@live.com

    ReplyDelete