I had an awesome overdue talk with my mom last night. It started because she was so grumpy the whole week and I got fed up so I asked her wtf was her problem and it turns out, she was grumpy because she thought that I was dating someone and did not want to tell her about him. HAHAHAHAHAH I fucking love her. I swear. She's my pillar, my rock, my everything. She was the first person I thought of when I was thinking about suicide. (NOT THAT I WAS THINKING OF COMMITTING SUICIDE, just that when I was thinking about it as you know, a topic, since my cousin jumped...)
I will never consider suicide as a source of escape because I never, ever want to put her through that shit. She may not be the most ideal mom but that's cool. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone does shit every now and then. But I'd so much rather be close to her than anything else in the world.
"Youth, like pristine glass, absorbs the prints of its handlers. Some parents smudge, others crack, a few shatter childhoods completely into jagged little pieces, beyond repair."
-The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
So as far as I'm concerned, she did a fucking good job as a mother and I cannot even begin to explain how much I love her for everything she has done.
So this week, I fought some battles, ousted some nightmares and reclaimed some love. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment