Mega yumz ricepaper taco
Only picture of the three of us!
Best coffee evaaaaar
A-shopping we shall go~
We went to Strata for ice cream and coffee to complement the view instead
of doing the touristy thing and going to the SkyDeck
Korean chicken in Vietnam~
Dom & Brokie!
Awesome people who brought us around awww
Caramel pudding <3
Don't know what Shairah and I would've done without these three:
Wilson, Brokie and Dom
Breakfast: mega yumz Vietnamese satay
That's the old entrance to their tunnels! Isn't it tiny?!
Ready to fight the war alr
Shairah's last meal in Vietnam!
Vietnamese wanton mee
As promised, here are the rest of the pictures of Ho Chi Minh! An brought us for a scrumptious SGD$6 seafood dinner at District 4. District 4 is supposedly "the hood" of Vietnam so we were really lucky to have Dom's Vietnamese friends bring us around. They were all really, really nice too!
After that was pre-clubbing snack and chilling at Saigon Square (Vietnamese stylez) before we headed to Lush for ladies night! Lush was mostly a club where the expats patronise but the people there were kinda friendly so it was all good! Drinks were dirt cheap dude. But all that I drank there were a Jaggerbomb and a tequila shot. Which brings me to this question: How on Earth can anyone like tequila? It is absolutely foul. Like patron! (I hope you're reading this Prizz).
And that Mobi coffee stand you see up there with the smiling barista? It's the yummiest Vietnamese coffee EVER. It tastes like an amazing blend of Kahlua and Bailey's. It's located next to the Saigon Tourist Agency (in Pham Ngu Lau/ Backpacker's district) that we used to book our tours. Shairah and I made it a point to get two coffees from here practically every single day. It was that good.
An Dong Plaza was recommended by An for shopping so Shairah and I decided to check it out. It's really chockfull of clothes, shoes and jewelry but I reckon the selection wasn't as awesome as Saigon Square. Which reminds me, always haggle when shopping in Vietnam. You should cut the price by at least half before slowly bringing it up while negotiating. OH and watch out for con-men or women who pretend to be from Singapore/ Malaysia just because they can speak a little English! They will tell you that they can haggle for a cheaper price for you but they won't. Instead, they'll take a small commission from the price you pay for the garment. This means that you aren't just paying for the clothes but you are paying this man/ woman for supposedly haggling for you.
Shairah and I came across one such woman in Saigon Square and she tried bringing us to stalls that were supposedly "very nice" even though the clothes were truly tragic. I reckon those were the only shops that were desperate enough to have a deal with her in order for them to make some money. Shoppers beware! >:(
Otherwise, Vietnam is relatively safe! Contrary to what everyone else told Shairah and I. We didn't have any experiences with attempted mugging/ stealing. Just be safe with your things, carry your bag properly, don't carry bags with flimsy straps and don't flaunt your money! I reckon that's all you really have to worry about. My favourite mode of transport is the scooter! The Vietnamese traffic may look really scary but trust me, it's not. Everyone is going really slow all the time and you have to experience the pseudo mayhem at least once when you visit! Otherwise, you can just take the taxi. Shairah and I traveled around District 1 mostly so our cab fares usually cost us SGD$4 max and we split this by the two of us so... it's dirt cheap. But do take note to only take cabs that are either from Vinasun or Mi Linh. The rest of the cabs really only there to scam the tourists so taxi-takers beware! ^^
Yikes. Longest picture/ text post ever. But I can't help it! Vietnam was way too much fun. ^^
230am and I'm off to bed!
TTFN~

































No comments:
Post a Comment