Some of my friends have been complaining about how they were simply not feeling the festive spirit this year. Perhaps it's the doomsday saga that's scheduled to take place days before Christmas or the fact that the inflation has been taking a toll on everyone's wallets this year. Therefore, to bring a little Christmas cheer into everyone's lives, I want everyone to think about that go-to movie that automatically puts them in a holiday mood and immediately watch it. For me, that movie is Home Alone. It never fails to make me split my sides and ache my cheeks.
"Where's your mother?"
"She's in the car."
"Where's your father?"
"He's at work."
"What about your brothers and sisters?"
"I'm the only child."
"Where do you live?"
"I can't tell you that."
"Why not?"
"'Cos you're a stranger."
I remember Home Alone to be somewhat of a Christmas tradition. I distinctly recall everyone (the adults and the kids, all 23 of us) crowding at the television after dinner to catch it every single year. There would be so many of us watching that there wouldn't be room on the couch. We would laugh so loud and so richly that it would spill out of the house and into the corridors of Chiltern Park. I wish I knew then that that was the definition of contentment right there. I wish I knew enough not to take for granted then the joyousness of a houseful of noise and laughter. Not polite laughs and little feminine tinkles mind you, but loud, booming and uproarious laughter that's absolutely bursting at the seams with happiness. Don't you think comedy is multiplied hundredfold when watching with company?
Oh dear, I sound so sad but I assure that I really am not. My childhood Christmases are amongst my favourite memories, ever.
So do go forth, watch that Christmas movie and be merry!

thanks to your post, i spent last night alone in my room watching this movie! haha
ReplyDeleteTEEHEE. Why you never watch with Italiano?
Delete