As I had mentioned in my post before, I was contemplating if I should even bother with creating a list of new year resolutions at all but... I decided that I ought to. Because looking back on 2012, and despite my only fulfilling 2 out of the 10 resolutions I had given myself, I feel rather accomplished. I reckon, maybe I ought to be more specific with my goals so that I can really work towards it/ give myself a giant pat on my back for achieving them: finally getting my tattoo. Yay! Not a single day has passed when I looked at my tattoo and regretted it.
Anyhow, here's a short recap of what I did for 2012:
In 2012 I,
survived an apocalypse,
visited Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh & Mui Ne),
struck two things off my Bucket list: get my tattoo and bake a cake for my mom
made and lost some friends,
returned to and left church,
sprained my ankle,
had a surprise party thrown for me (AWWWWW love you all)
baked an apple pie
I realised that the list of significant events shrank a lot more as compared to 2011 so for 2013, I aim to make more significant memories. Life's too short to rest on your laurels. A wise woman (my mom) once told me, "You will never regret spending on a holiday but you might regret a materialistic purchase." So...
This year I hope to:
1. Travel more (at least two countries)
P.S, beach getaways to Batam or Bali do not count. I want to go on soul-searching (as my mother would call it) holidays where you can really relish and soak in the cultures of others. Shairah, Justin, Afiqah and I have a plan to go to UK so let's hope it really falls through this year...
2. Write more
I graduate at the end of the year so I need to boost my portfolio before I can land that perfect writing job. And the only way to do that is to write, write, write! Perhaps get another two or more publications to show in my portfolio.
3. Learn to play tennis and cycle
These are goals brought forward from 2012 and it's rather embarrassing that I haven't managed to achieve them because they are honestly, rather easy to achieve. I shall be 23 in 11 days so... I really should learn how to play tennis and cycle. It's about time Ale...
4. Start saving
I do not just mean saving for my holidays although that might be a lot easier to achieve. I want to start saving for investing or just to get myself into the habit of saving. It's rather appalling to, at my age, still have my bank account completely emptied out before the end of the month/ my next paycheck.
5. Get healthy
I've always admired people who have willpowers strong enough to be vegan or even vegetarian. My love for meat cannot be contained and apparently, neither can the fat girl living inside me. I would love to sign up for yoga class once I start work proper but for now, my running shoes and the road would have to suffice.
6. Volunteer
I'm tired of making excuses for myself by telling myself that "I'm too tired" or "I have no time". My friend Nik has started volunteering for a foreign workers initiative and she's working full-time. If she can do all that and still find time for her friends and a social life, so can I!
7. Cook more
This is in lieu of my attempt to get more healthy. I do like cooking (even though I absolutely detest washing) so I shall make it a point to cook from the Vegetarian cookbook I got from the MPH book sale at least once a week.
8. Redecorate
I've been hounding my mom time and time again to redecorate or even reorganise our home. This year, it is a resolution of mine to stop hounding her and to just do it. I realised that the only way to get her to do something is to actually begin doing it myself. She'll eventually begin to feel bad and will join in.
9. Spend more time with my family
This one is pretty self-explanatory but I intend to finally take up my little cousin's offer of a sleepover and perhaps do some art with her or read together. I would also love to spend more time with my dad and my grandparents. It really hit home how much my dad has aged when we met up for Christmas dinner. I've always seen him as this incredibly strong and indestructible person and not so much as someone whose knees gave him problems when he walks up the stairs...
10. Draw more, read more, craft more
I'm happiest when I draw, read or craft so my goal for this is really simple. It is to be happier.
Tadah! There I have it, another 10 resolutions that I hope to be able to achieve or even remotely touch on. If I can look back on 2013 acknowledging that I've managed to achieve majority of these goals, I would know that I have lived a fulfilling 2013.
TTFN~

No comments:
Post a Comment