Thursday, September 13

Xin Chao Saigon!








Most expensive meal in Vietnam ($12/pax)

With our guides Dom,

And Wilson!

Our first ban mih (pork baguette)!


Turtle lake! Where most of the locals buy and eat their street food




BBQ in Wilson's balcony on our first night in Ho Chi Minh!








Most amazing pho evaaarrrrr from Pho Hoa (D3)


LOL this cracks me up

Oldest map of Saigon!

Ending day 2 with awesome fruit juice from an obscure little alley of 
Pham Ngu Lau (the backpacker's district, D1)

Clap your hands if you want somemore~

In the first two days, Shairah and I tried Vietnamese coffee (which we immediately incorporated into our daily fix), visited the Reunification Palace, War Remnants Museum, Turtle Lake, ordered mysterious food off street food-carts, wandered around aimlessly, had the most amazing pho ever, had a barbeque on the balcony of Wilson's room, and got cheated by the first taxi we took from the airport (remember to only take Mai Linh or Vinasun taxis!!!).

It's been two weeks since I've been back in Singapore and I am aching to travel somewhere else already. Shairah was right. Traveling is indeed a drug. There is nothing more gratifying and fulfilling than visiting new places and taking in new sights. I was talking to my mom about traveling yesterday and we both agree that if there is one thing you do that you will never regret, it is going on a holiday. You might regret buying an expansive bag or having an extravagant meal, but you will never, never regret going on a holiday.

So here's to shopping less and traveling more! \m/

P.S,
Most of the pictures here are from my iPhone/ Shairah's camera cos Dom hasn't sent me the pictures I took with his camera yet *COUGH COUGH*.

No comments:

Post a Comment