Thursday, November 15

Tunnel song



Good morning. I listened to this on Diana's blog and it reminded me about how much I love 80s music. That's my childhood right there. I grew up on the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Chicago, Spandau Ballet, Alphaville and U2. Listening to them transports me back to the living room of my home at Old Tampines Road. My dad's out in the driveway waxing his car and my mom's in the kitchen with my maid Tarsih. I'll be in the living room with Prince, my boxer, and Lulu, my poodle. Land Before Time is probably playing on TV. I have the entire laser disc collection. The marbled floor is cool and the flowery wallpaper is my favourite. I liked it more than the pink ballerinas in my room. I never liked the colour pink.

Anyway, if I had to choose a tunnel song, it'll be a tough fight between Crowded House's Don't Dream It's Over and U2's With or Without You. And since I can't decide on one, I shall leave you with both songs.

Have a good day everybody!





TTFN~

P.S,
The tunnel scene is by far one of my favourite scenes of The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It is mostly because I knew exactly what Sam meant about having the perfect song to accompany the perfect action and how that single moment can make you feel abso-fucking-lutly invincible. For me, it's standing at the top of a building looking down on all the city lights while listening to Crowded House or U2. I'm just staring and staring and staring. It's night but the city skyline is startling bright. I see the lights of a building go off. I wonder why. I wonder who's switched it off. Where they're going. What are they like. I continue sitting and staring and taking in everything around me; the bright lights and coolness of the wind. And I feel like I can stay there forever, like the moment is truly infinite.

2 comments:

  1. wow u like Springsteen AND U2! my bf will love you haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's not to like about either of them?! Your boyfriend and you have great tastes! :D

      Delete