Thursday, November 1

Mui Ne~

































MAN-CHILD





I've decided to finish posting all my Vietnam photos once and for all. Most of the pictures came from Dom's camera because I forgot to bring one to Vietnam. :( Still can't believe I forgot to pack Justin's DSLR. Anyhow, Mui Ne was... alright. It's a five and a half hour drive out from HCM so I didn't mind the traveling. I'm just not much of a beach vacation kinda person because beaches tend to all look the same to me. Besides, the weather was being kinda bitchy while we were there. A ginormous umbrella broke off somewhere due to the heavy wind and almost flew right into our bike while we were riding. Yup, it was crazy. 

But the highlight of Mui Ne was without a doubt, the Fairy Stream. Dom and I went there twice and it was a lot more peaceful and clean the first time we went. Perhaps it was because we first went on a Friday afternoon and the crowd only started showing up on Friday night/ Saturday morning. Fairy Stream resembled paradise to me. The water was clear, the rocks undulating and the sky was azure. I absolutely loved it. And if you trek all the way to the end of the stream, you'll see a tiny little waterfall. It may not be much I was in so much awe because I being the city girl that I am, have never had the liberty of seeing a waterfall up close. It was really quite a sight to behold! You can see in some of the pictures, people actually climbed up the rocks to carve their names there although Dom and I can't fathom how they managed to do it. It's really rather high up and the rocks weren't exactly steady.

Food-wise, Mui Ne is actually pricier than HCM. I reckon it's because it's considered to be a tourist hot spot. Regardless, the breakfast at Joe's is pretty damn awesome and there's a French restaurant along the food-belt that served extremely good and affordable French food. I didn't get a picture of my ostrich steak but it was ginormous and cooked to absolute medium rare perfection. You can see a picture of Dom's bacon-wrapped steak above though, It was about S$15 for each meal and it was so goooooood. 

And I've finally come to the end of my Vietnam photos. You know, as first-world country citizens and city dwellers, Singaporeans are always so fixated on going to European countries to shop and soak in the culture there that we tend to overlook the countries around us. We don't note that they are equally rich in culture and sights. There is still so much to explore in the continent we call Asia! And I can't wait to see it all.

Next up, Hanoi/ Hoi An/ Sapa anyone? ^^

4 comments:

  1. THIS PICTURE (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7QftYzRknEc/UJI-qaVaO_I/AAAAAAAAD0w/EGp0llHEPeE/s640/191042_4025044698543_2147153110_o.jpg) looks like chocolate ice cream with oreo cookie crumble bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STOP THINKING ABOUT FOOD. Hahahaha I totally do not see that at all. You're weird.

      Delete