That means that it's finally 100% appropriate for me to get excited about Christmas! :) I wanted to start hunting for the perfect Xmas dress bright and early but I still haven't found anything that caught my eye. :/ I don't even know what colour, cut, material I'm looking for but I will know it when I see it.
I bought the most adorable ring to add to my humble ring collection today. :)
I've also finally gotten down to watching HP7 and I was actually very impressed with what David Yates did to the movie.
(WARNING: incessant HP ramble up ahead) Despite having changed so many things from the book, he actually managed do some justice to the things he changed. For example, the Bathilda Bagshot scene. It was impeccably thrilling! And I love how they showed more of how Hermione modified her parent's memories to save them etc. It was really quite moving. :/ I also thought the bit about Hedwig giving away Harry's identity was quite genius. It made a lot more sense than the Expelliamus jinx anyway and was a lot easier to explain on screen.
As a media student, I guess I understand why directors change certain parts of books. It might have been changed to facilitate new audience's understanding. It might also be more visually appealing etc. Oh well. I'm not big on directors changing too much of the original idea/ plot but I did like what Yates tried to do with the story.
The castings on the other hand, left much to be desired. The castings for Rufus Scrimgeour, Runcorn and Mundungus Fletcher was so unbelievably off.
I also wished they filmed the change in Kreacher's attitude towards them though... I had a tiny a soft spot for him since I read the book. And wasn't the goblin supposed to snatch the sword of Griffindor along with them when they disapparated??? And wasn't Harry supposed to be disguised as another one of the Weasley cousins at the wedding?! Wasn't he already Undesirable No. 1 then???
I understand if certain parts of the story are changed to facilitate story telling on screen etc., but do to completely rewrite scenes! Btw, I do not understand the little intimate exchange between Harry and Hermione and neither do I understand the scene in the Ministry of Magic. It was so slipshod! Nice "Harry" barging into the courtroom and attacking toady so easily. What happened to the crazy security?!
Sigh sigh.
(/End of HP ramble)
It's already 3am my goodness. It's about time I get some shuteye. I've a 9am Broadcast Journalism class later :/ and I've got to go to Lemon Chiffon for a job briefing. ^^ I've finally found myself a part-time job that's near home. Can't wait to start work!
Before I go, I want to leave you with this adorable tumblr.
Makes me feel like learning how to cycle all the more. A little ashamed of being such a city girl. I don't even know how to cycle. :/
Anw, TTFN my bunnies. Pip pip cheerio!




No comments:
Post a Comment