Debbie's "European"
My "Norwegian"
Anw, Debbie and I tried out the new Wild Honey at the new Scotts. They did an awesome job with the interior. They have books lying around for diners to read as they wait for their food! And they allow phone reservations (ABOUT TIME)! Service was quite impeccable but perhaps that was due to the fact that we were served by the manager.
Food-wise, so-so. Is it just me or has their standard dropped? My brioche was waaaay over-toasted. It was charred, dry and I believe that if I were to drop my brioche on the ground, it would make a loud thud instead of a flop. The rest of my dish were faultless but the brioche really let the whole thing down. So I reckon it's pretty safe to say that I wouldn't be dropping $26 dollars on a meal there anytime soon.
Btw, I was quite excited to find out that the new Scotts shopping mall has acquired Chihuly's blown glass chandelier! Sorry the photos are kinda dark. I was taking the photo against the natural light. I remember doing some research on his glass chandeliers awhile back so I was really taken aback to see this in Scotts as we went down the escalator. *.* But I was the only one excited la. Debbie was disgusted by how excited I was over "a chandelier". :(
Oh btw, if you like his work, you might be pleased to know that he has glass sculptures installed in Ritz Carlton Hotel and Resorts World Singapore as well! ^^
Ok, I should head to bed soon. Have to be in church by noon. Halp.
No comments:
Post a Comment