Tuesday, January 24

Gong hei fa choi!






Raining on chu yi (first day of the Lunar New Year)


Bakwang kepeting! Forever my favourite part of Chinese New Year
This took three generations of the Tan family and four hours to prepare




Prawn rollsssssssss *.*

It is only the second day of the Lunar New Year and I am already sick of eating. I knew I would regret the mindless festive eating but there's something about CNY that makes you eat 24/7 regardless of you feeling hungry or not. There are liberal amounts of pineapple tarts, prawn rolls and squares of bak kwa available in every single house you visit. TOO. MUCH. FOOD. I think I am going on a weeklong food coma.

Lol I'm quite glad my mom is on the same boat as I am. We went grocery shopping today after visiting and stocked our kitchen up with fruits, yoghurt, juices and nuts ('rabbit food' as my dad would call it) for our post-CNY detox. Lord help us.

Btw, my little visit to Chinatown during the Chinese New Year period with my two best friends turned out to be quite an eye-opener. We chanced upon the quaint little chinese bakery pictured above and they make the most amazing char siew shou. *.* (stars in my eyes) They're located on Sago street in Chinatown!


My visits to Chinatown always came to abrupt end when we arrive at Yam Cha or Red Star for dim sum so I've never really explored Chinatown much. I heartily recommend that everyone visit Chinatown during Chinese New Year at least once in their lifetime. It really is quite a sight to behold!

K I'm off to drown myself in green tea and continue reading Narnia's Voyage of the Dawn Threader. I'm nearly done with book 5! ^^ Then it is only book 6 and 7 to go.

TTFN~

Btw, can you tell that I have re-dyed my hair and chopped off five inches?! :( Only a handful of people noticed. The rest were like, "Huh you got cut your hair meh?"

1 comment: