Thursday, April 26

Carpe Diem

(Image source: Andrea Huemmer)

Every now and then I get disillusioned with life, what I am doing and why am I even doing what I am doing. Society catches up with me and reminds me of practicality and how I have to live according to it's standard of success. I get caught up with the future and I start regretting and freaking out. Then I flipped to the first page of my note book and I see this quote

"We do not write poetry because it's cute. We write poetry because we're members of the human race. And the human race is full of passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are all noble pursuits necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we live for."
-Dead Poet's Society

I'm not naive. I know that I have responsibilities to care for so I am not about to advocate living like a hippie for the rest of my life as I write beautiful verses in wandering caravans. I want to take care of my mother in the future and in order for me to do that, I would be required to get a stable job and work. I am aware of my predicament.

I just don't want myself to completely forget my dreams in a bid to survive in our society. Call me naive but... money really isn't everything.

TTFN~

No comments:

Post a Comment