Friday, May 25

Eggs & Berries

Eggs Benedict


Pumpkin soup


Our ever-smexy Ms India

Awkward turtles

Monkeys picking out each other's ticks
   


Brunch at Eggs & Berries with Justin(e), Shairah and Fiqqy and the was surprisingly very good for the price we paid! I had Hatched the night before at Holland Village and it was so terrible that I think any meal that consisted of remotely polite waiters and warm food would've made me sing praises. Yes, Hatched was that bad. I do not even feel inclined to give them a second chance to redeem themselves.

I had ordered the La Rossini which consisted of roasted potatoes, ciabatta bread, scrambled eggs and froie gras. The serving of froie gras was rather generous. That's pretty much the only good thing I have to say about the place. I shall not even go into detail about the food my friends had becuase it would then take too much time. It took them two reminders, one waiter coming over to ask me what I had ordered again, and half an hour for my food to appear in front of me and when it finally did, my roasted potatoes were hard, dry, burnt but cold. My roasted tomatoes on the other hand, was still raw and cold so I called the person I had assumed to be the manager (they were not wearing tags) and she consented to bring me a new one. That took another half an hour and we had already paid the bill.

So yes, in contrast to that terrible dinner, Eggs & Berries soared leaps and bounds. Never going back to Hatched ever again.

With a tummy full of good food and the fact that we were only one stop away from the airport, we decided to head there to plan our pseudo holiday. Hahaha. I do wish we could go on one again though. :/ Australia was so much fun. If only money fell from the sky. I would then be motivated to invent a vacuum machine that would help me suck all the money in.

K I'm off to add more good karma points to my life.
TTFN~

No comments:

Post a Comment