Thursday, June 28

A dim summin' we will go~




I told her to smile and this is what I got -.-

My ultimate fav: century egg porridge (pei dan jook in Cantonese)





Finally, a smile!

Priss's mom! Doesn't she look like she's only in her 30s?!





Red Star is one of my ultimate favourite places to have dim sum. It beats Yum Cha hands down if you ask me. I've had so many memories of coming here on a Sunday morning with my entire family and as far as I can remember, it's always teeming with people. I remember my mother dragging me out of bed and I would be grumbling away but the minute she said that we were going to Red Star, I'd mum up.


I absolutely love the atmosphere of the restaurant! It's always packed to the brim with wait staff and customers. The waiters would be pushing their carts around calling out the dim sum they have in their carts and people who wanted that dim sum would then wave them over. After you get your dim sum, they would then stamp your order card so when it's time for payment, you just bring that card along with you to the cashier and they'll count your bill for you. I haven't been there in ages (since my parents got their divorce actually) so I was terribly excited when Priss said that we were going there for lunch. 

It's one of the places I would bring a friend who's visiting Singapore to. It has so much history and I love how it hasn't changed one bit throughout the 10 over years since I've last been there.

Okay, back to Masterchef Australia! :D
TTFN~

No comments:

Post a Comment