Saturday, April 16

I can spend my whole life hiding my heart away


(Images: eliftanman)

I am quite honestly not ready for university this year. I'm still wedged between my desire to study design and the logical idea of studying communications again, seeing that I have already spent three years doing that. But... I'm not sure if that is really what I want to do.

I know I was the most motivated to work hard for my art module as compared to practically every other module I took in TP. But I don't want to be a graphic designer. I know I want to do something related to travel. It has always been a dream of mine to work with either Discovery Travel & Living or National Geographic. I don't know what I want to do there anymore apart from knowing that I want to see the world and I want to help the world see the world. I want to be a part of opening mindsets and broadening horizons.

I want to take a gap year to perfect my portfolio for NTU's ADM but it is a huge gamble to take because taking the gap year does not mean that I will definitely be able to get a spot there and I will be a year behind all my friends.

I don't want to rush into my degree because I want to make my education count. I want to enjoy and be passionate about what I'm learning because I realise that that is when I do my best.

I am aware that my dreams will not allow me to earn as much as others will during their quest to be a lawyer, doctor, banker, accountant and I know that pursuing a career in public relations will pay me a lot more but I want to be happy with my job and I know that I can never be happy doing any of the jobs I have just listed.

This is probably one of the biggest roadblock I have had to face and it is my battle to fight, my decision to make.

I hope all of you have your visions ironed out and I hope that you can all be happy with what you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment