Saturday, August 13

August's lemondade

Last night was tons of fun! I'm glad I dragged myself out despite feeling fundamentally angry with life's lemons. I'm glad Nik told me about the Market of Artists and Designers (MAAD) and I'm really glad I went. :D




Annual reports

She (the lady in red) makes beautiful jewelry that I cannot afford but if I could, I would buy her thumbprint collection in silver, rose gold and gold in a heartbeat. (They are approx $300 each btw)




Pitch boards

The concept of this activity is so adorable. The organisers gathered a group of artists to come together and sketch, draw, paint etc. someone and the models later then decide which picture they liked enough to purchase. (Only $10 per portrait! But you have to pre-register for the activity online prior to the event) 



This elderly man bought like 10 of his portraits. Really nice of him actually. :)

P.S, I just found out that this "elderly man" that I was talking about is actually Dr Tony Tan. HAHAHAHAAHHA I judged myself for not recognising him and for calling him "this elderly man". #EPICWIN

Amazing ice cream with the concept of "own size, own payment" Nik had the red wine (and something) sorbet

While I had the malibu




The guys from the Proletariat Poetry Factory
This was in my opinion, the highlight of the night! How it works is, you give them a word and they churn out a little poem on the typewriter for you. :) It's such a lovely idea.

Rescuing homeless poems. I will find a way to scan the poems and post them up another day. The homeless one I rescued was written with the theme of "Ashes to ashes" in mind. They also wrote me one with a word I gave them, "mirth".


Dude, they even have a mohawk station. Uhm, how cool is that?








And then we headed to Kko Kko Nara for awesome Korean fried chicken recommended by Nik's colleague

The cutest couple


Uhm... screw my diet for one day?

Kko Kko Nara's mascot


Oh yeah, guess who came in second at a blindfold drawing contest? HAHAHAHA!

Goodies from my trip to the market :D Some pins, a photograph of a giraffe, the forth volume of Ceriph, art and architecture magazine and two poems.


Hehe so I have three new reads for now: Ceriph and Nik has loan me Chuck Palahnuik's Fight Club and Neil Gaiman's Graveyard book. Reckon I'll get started on Gaiman first.

I have also begun collecting stickers for my mac. It's been 4 years so I reckon it's time I gather the guts to personalise my macbook. I began this mini project with a sticker from MAAD. :D

I should go for a good run in a bit! TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment