Tuesday, August 23

The Summer State

I officially begin my university education next week. Uh, where did the months of leisure go to? I'm not ready to tackle one of my last education journeys just yet. :/ I'm growing up way too fast. I'm not going to be good at the whole adulthood thing, I know it. I've always feared growing up more than anything else in the world until I discovered that my fear of getting hurt trumps everything else. Doesn't make me any less afraid of growing up though. The thought of working for the rest of my life makes my heart sink. The idea of getting a limited number of days off per year freaks me out.

In a perfect world, I would be able to get a job doing something I love - something related to creatives. I would be able to cultivate a little business of my own so that I would not have to be a corporate sellout and live the rest of my life in a cubicle. I would also be able to take frequent trips abroad to travel the incredibly beautiful world and do community work whenever I can. I would be happy, contented and free. In a perfect world.

Alas, this perfect little world ceases to exist and the reality stands grounded by the fact that I begin school next week so... here is my attempt to make myself fee a little better; by creating another list.

Things I need to buy for school:







(All images were taken from my Pinterest account)

Textbooks
Watch
Notebook
Purse to keep my daily accessories in - no more scratched sunnies
Water bottle
EZ-link card
Passport-sized photos
Basic tanks - my tanks share the same fate socks do when it comes to the washing machine

I'm off to get some early shuteye. The past late nights have been taking a toll on me. I hope the sun is cheerful enough for a good lonnnng swim tomorrow! 
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment