Thursday, August 11

Because it makes you the good guy, sweet pea

I've just finished watching Girl, Interrupted. You know how everyone was raving about Jolie's amazing performance on the movie and how Winona's paled in comparison? I just think that it's kinda unfair to judge it that way because Jolie's character was obviously written to be flamboyant, free-spirited and somewhat likable whereas Winona's character (Susanna) is much more watered down, confused and pensive. I thought that the both of them did an amazing job, yes, even Jolie, despite my apparent distaste for her in general.

When I first saw the trailer, I thought the movie bore a striking similarity to Paulo Coelho's Veronika Decides to Die but the movie was actually a lot better than I had expected. It was nothing short of amazing. Feeling quite mindblown at the moment.

"Maybe I was really crazy. Maybe it was the 60s. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted."




















(All screen caps are from: Fanpop)

Susanna: When you don't want to feel, death can seem like a dream. But, seeing death - really seeing it... makes dreaming about it fucking ridiculous.

Susanna: Was I ever crazy? Maybe. Or maybe life is... Crazy isn't about being broken or swollowing a dark secret, It's you or me amplified. If you ever told a lie and enjoyed it. If you ever wished you could be a child forever.

Lisa: Razors pain you, rivers are damp, acid stains you, drugs cause cramps, guns aren't lawful, nooses give, gas smells awful, you might as well live.

Instructor: Now what kind if a tree can you be, Janet, down on the floor?
Janet: I'm a fucking shrub, all right?

Susanna: What the fuck are you doing Lisa?
Lisa: Playing the villain, baby, just like you wanted. I try to give you everything you want.
Susanna: No, you don't.
Lisa: You wanted your file, I found you your file. You wanted out, I got you out. You needed money, I found you some. I'm fucking consistent - I told you the truth - I didn't write it down in a fucking book! i told you to your face. And I told Daisy to her face - what everybody knew and wouldn't say, and she killed herself. And I played the fucking villain, just like you wanted.
Susanna: Why would I want that?!
Lisa: Because it makes you the good guy, sweet pea.

Susanna: I'm ambivalent. In fact, that's my new favourite word.
Dr. Wick: Do you know what that means, ambivalence?
Susanna: I don't care.
Dr. Wick: If it's your favourite word, I would've thought you would...
Susanna: It means, I don't care. That's what it means.
Dr. Wick: On the contrary, Susanna. Ambivalence suggests strong feelings... in opposition. The prefix, as in "ambidextrous," means "both." The rest of it, in Latin, means "vigor". The word suggests that you are torn... between two opposing courses of actions.
Susanna: Will I stay or will I go?
Dr. Wick: Am I sane... or, am I crazy?
Susanna: Those aren't courses of action.
Dr. Wick: They can be, dear - for some.
Susanna: Well, then - it's the wrong word.
Dr. Wick: No,  I think it's perfect.

Any awesome movies to recommend? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment