(Image source: olivia.grace. and Lopiccolo)
Just finished Fight Club. I read majority of it on the train to school last Friday. It was a pretty short book with so much angst. I loved it. Hahaha. I didn't really fancy it at the beginning but I'm really glad I persisted to finish it. I grew to love Palahniuk's style of writing and dark humor.
Next up on the list by Palahniuk is Choke! After I borrow Brave New World from my classmate. ^^ Today was my first day of school and it was gooooooood despite the weather being awfully grumpy. I've made friends, gotten a mega lax lecturer and had a great conversation with a new classmate. It was a good first day!
Favourite quotes from Fight Club
by Chuck Palahniuk
"This is your life and it is ending one moment at a time."
"It is only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
"You know how they say that you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways."
"Today is the sort of day where the sun only comes up to humiliate you."
"If you love something, set it free but don't be surprised if it comes back with herpes."
"Ok. You fuck me, then snub me. You love me, you hate me. You show me a sensitive side, then you turn into a total asshole. This is a pretty accurate description of our relationship."
"At the time, my life just seemed too complete, and maybe we have to break everything to make something better out of ourselves."
"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. I am Jack's broken heart."
"Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything. Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart."
"I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom."
"The girl is infectious human waste, and she's confused and afraid to commit to the wrong thing and so she won't commit to anything."
"We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie Gods, and rockstars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
Such twisted, angry beings. I need to give the movie a watch soon. Especially since they got Brad Pitt to star as Tyler Durden. ^^
TTFN!


No comments:
Post a Comment