Wednesday, August 3

When I was young, I was valiant and bold

I apologise in advance. Whiny, jaded rant coming right up. Please listen to this to recuperate.

A Fairytale Ending by The Boy Least Likely To

I was looking for my O level Lit text (An anthology of short stories: A Sense of Belonging) to lend to my tutee for some light reading (Hahaha light reading... Lol jk I'm going to drill her) and I found my sec 4 notebook. I've certainly changed in the past few years. I've grown more jaded, more realistic, more practical and more lost. Years ago, I pretty much had my life figured out. Now I'm not quite about about the road I'm about to embark on.

But one thing didn't change, what I want from love. My ideologies of love still pretty much remains the same. Perhaps I did lose my vision every now and then during the journey but the gist of it is still pretty much there.

I wrote this when I was 16.
"Love. Why can't love be simple? Why can't we look past materialism and superficiality? I wish life was like movie so I wouldn't fuck up so much. There would be cuts, edits and actions. I want to meet someone as wildly passionate about life as I am and I want to travel the world. I want to bagpack and try everything I possibly can. You know what I think love is? It isn't about buying a 3-carat diamond ring. it would be watching the whole 10 seasons of FRIENDS for the umpteenth time, eating cereal and bringing our kids to the park." 

The world could not contain my idealism so it made reality squash them. I still believe that love should be simple but I'm not sure if I am capable of simple love anymore. Too much excess baggage. I'm going to die alone with some dogs. Preferably Corgis and Beagles.

You are all welcome to donate extra love and dog food to my future dogs who I will name Sir Lancelot and Captain Haddock.

2 comments:

  1. I can't promise that you won't die alone. But I can promise that you won't live alone. I'll be here for you every step of the way.

    Haven't been here for a while. Just wondering how are you doing. Miss you so A.

    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWW D why are you so sweet to me?! I miss you too. Let's resume our taitai life after you quit your job. House hunting again? :D

    <3

    ReplyDelete