Joseph Kony is leader of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), a guerilla group in Uganda. This group has kidnapped and forced 60,000 children to fight for them. These children were kidnapped from their families and then forced to kill for the LRA. They have two choices - to kill or to be killed.
</edit>
I was going to blog about something lame and mindless about my life but then I found something better. Very often are we caught up in our own lives and self-indulgence, and very seldom do we actually give a shit about what is going on in the countries around us. You know how we've read our history textbooks and learnt about Hitler, the holocaust and the World War? We felt sad, disgusted and sympathetic. I mean, what else could we have done? It was all in the past right?
Well, if there actually is a chance for you to do something about that now, would you do it? I'm not saying that we should all abandon our lives and families but... were we all brought into this damned world just to study hard, find good jobs and multiply? Is that really all we were supposed to do?
You know what, I'm digressing. Just watch this video, and share. It's okay if you don't want to watch it, I mean... it's 30 minutes. That's like 30 minutes of your life, gone, forever. If you don't want to watch it, just share it. It doesn't matter if it is just to one person or a whole bunch of people. The whole point of this movement is to share and to tell people who this dude, Joseph Kony is, what he has done, and why we need to stop him.
Please and thank you in advance.
P.S,
Some of you might think that this whole movement is kinda useless because I mean... the voice of just one extra person doesn't really matter, does it? But hey, one and one makes two and two and two makes more than that. The more people who knows will make a greater public and this will show the world we care and that we should do something about this. Who knows, maybe more countries might send troops to Uganda to help the American and Ugandan army hunt down Kony. You never know. You can't care if you don't know this is about.
P.S,
Some of you might think that this whole movement is kinda useless because I mean... the voice of just one extra person doesn't really matter, does it? But hey, one and one makes two and two and two makes more than that. The more people who knows will make a greater public and this will show the world we care and that we should do something about this. Who knows, maybe more countries might send troops to Uganda to help the American and Ugandan army hunt down Kony. You never know. You can't care if you don't know this is about.
actually kony has already been found
ReplyDelete