Sunday, September 18

100th post

It's my 100th post on this blog! *Cue sulky little gnome throwing sparkles and confetti*

Hahaahahaha big whoop. Wellllll, we can celebrate with two new literary acquisitions!


Shairah got them for me during the the 50% Borders sale. (THANKS SHAHINI WO AI NI!!!) ^^ I've read American Gods twice now because Charmant loan it to me and I borrowed it once from the library. But it is 100% worthy of a space on my bookshelf and a subsequent third or fourth read so I've finally bought myself a copy! Am forever indebted to Charmant for introducing Neil Gaiman to my life.

Margaret Atwood was more of an accident for me. I bought a bunch of books at a book sale when I was in secondary school and I believe I bought Oryx & Crake solely because the cover looked cute (It had a piglet on the cover. Yes, I judged a book by it's cover. For shame!). I remember picking it up and reading the first chapter when I was in sec 2 (I think?) and literally went "Huh, what the fuck?" and shelved it indefinitely. LOL.

I decided to pick it up again last week because I literally had nothing else to read and... I am sold. Atwood is a fucking genius. Her imagination is... amazing. Serious out of this fucking world.

Okay so yeah, my two new books to add to my humble bookshelf and I had amazing Japanese pasta at Youmenya Goemon with my two favourite minahs and fat boy on Friday. ^^


Squid Ink pasta


Mine was Mentaiko and Corn


Before we hit the club, we just had to...








TTFN and goodnight~

No comments:

Post a Comment