Favourite Quotes from Elizabethtown
Claire: I'm impossible to forget, but I am hard to remember.
Claire: I think I have been asleep most of my life.
Drew: Me too.
Claire: I've spent so much time thinking about the problem, that I forgot what the problem actually was.
Drew: Because we have a moment here, let me tell you that I have recently become a secret connoisseur of "last looks". You know the way people look at you when they believe it's for the last time? I've started collecting these looks.
Claire: I want you to get into the deep beautiful melancholy of everything that's happened.
Claire: Sadness is easier because it is surrender. I say make time to dance alone with one hand waving free.
Claire: So you failed. Alright you really failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You think I care about that? I do understand. You really wanna be great? Then have the courage to fail big and stick around. Make them wonder why you're still smiling.
Claire: Some music needs air. Roll down the window.
Claire: Hey, now we actually have a shot at being friends for the rest of our lives.
Hollie: It takes time to be funny. It takes time to extract joy from life.
Hollie: I was still waiting for everything to start, and now it's over.
Claire: We are intrepid. We carry on.
I hate this wistful, floaty feeling I get after I watch shows like this. They make me garner this stupid glimmer of hope that I really don't need. :/
Alright time to wring these wistful thoughts out of my head and I'm off to buy flowers for my mom's birthday.
TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment