Inexplicably nervous
Stenciled! And.............
Omg here goes
Inked!
"Not all those who wander are lost"
This brings me to my next point of tattoos. Since I've gotten inked, I've gotten multiple people exclaiming to me, "Oh omg you have a tattoo!" Standard questions would then follow up, "Did it hurt?", "How much did you get it done for?" and "Why this particular quote?". Howeverrrrrrrr, another popular question I got was, "But how are you going cover it up for your wedding dress?!"
-______________________-
I guess I would understand if someone asks me how I would cover it up if by the sheer dumbest of luck, I end up in a traditional company. Especially since Singapore has a lot more room to grow in the sense of opening mindsets... But my own wedding?! Aku tak paham (I don't understand).
Anyway, in case you couldn't tell from the photos, I was extremely nervous about getting inked. I wasn't worried about the pain. Okay, maybe I was a little. But I was mostly having cold feet about it possibly hindering my future job opportunities. As I had mentioned earlier, what if by the sheer dumbest of luck, I end up in an extremely narrow-minded company?! Covering it up isn't much of a problem cos I don't exactly wear revealing clothes so it's not like I have to change my entire wardrobe to cater to my tattoo... But what if I don't even get hired because of it? That was my biggest concern.
I couldn't stop worrying about it but one morning I woke up and the answer grew crystal clear. What would I regret more when I am old, wrinkly and 60 years old? Would I regret not getting the relatively well-paying job at a traditional company or a tattoo that I have been yearning to get since forever?
I decided that life is to me, all about minimising regrets so I went ahead to get it and I haven't regretted one bit since!
No shit, I was dreaming about this tattoo since I was 16. I had initially passed the notion of it off as just a phase I would probably grow out of. I remember asking my mom if I could get one when I turned 18 and all I got was a big fat no and a threat of getting kicked out of home. But I couldn't get it out of my mind! I talked to all my friends about it. The only thing that stopped me from getting it was that there was always something more important for me to spend $$$ on (ie. Aussie, Hong Kong, presents, shopping...) so I couldn't believe how blessed I was when I found out that Dyan and Yen wanted to pay for my ink as my 22nd birthday present. Uhm. HOW COOL ARE MY BEST FRIENDS?! So happy. Seriously the best birthday present ever.
P.S,
It really didn't hurt much. I swear my derma roller facial hurts waaaaay more than that. If anything, it was the sound of the needle that scared the bejeezus out of me. So my best suggestion is to blast music through your earphones! Also, don't look at the needle! Trust me. For this situation, ignorance really is bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment