Wednesday, July 11

Life as I know it in SJC



It was a lovely time catching up with these girls at Mrs Debs's new place. Seriously, these girls are the reason why I managed to make it through my last two years of secondary school. I thought my world crashed and burned when I retained while my two best friends moved up to sec 4 and when I lost my last best friend to a pseudo lesbian. -.-

Everything turned out for the best after all. I reckon that if I had taken my Os with the amount of rubbish I knew about my subjects, I would've failed it anyway and I wouldn't have had the opportunity to have drama become such an integral part of my life.

It's been 6 years since I've graduated from SJC and I am so glad that I'm still in contact with these amazing girls and Mrs Debs. This woman literally changed my life. She saw the potential in me that I never knew I possessed and she was the biggest brick of a teacher, ever. I mean how many secondary school teachers do you know would show you her tattoo during drama sessions or bring you out for countless meals (on her!) and invite you to her place for BBQs and parties?! Or call you up on your O levels results day to tell you not to be too disappointed with your Literature grade even though she knew you got an A1?!

Til this day, whenever I come across an interview or essay question whereby I'm asked to write about one person whom I believe has changed your life, Mrs Debs always comes to my mind. I'm just sad that SJC has lost such an amazing and inspiring teacher and that future SJC girls will not have the privilege of being taught by her. :/ But as she said during dinner today, there is no point of living in a world of "has beens". I just hope that when they strike gold with a teacher as amazing as Mrs Debs again, they make sure they treasure her and keep her for the sake of their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment